Dzień Dobry

Dzień dobry-hello in what will be my new main language for the years to come. Follow me as my life changes again. Well, not really as I'm still working myself toward the same goal of getting a medical degree. However, little would I have guessed that I would spend the last few years fulfilling this goal in Poland. So, here I am, with a Polish vocabulary that doesn't help me when ordering food. Although, I can say Dziękuję (thank you). That, my friend, is gold worth!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The weather is ahead of me.

Today I've spent a day in snow, slash, and rain. Not exactly the October weather I had hoped for but when Sweden brings cold temperatures and winds on us, there's not much to do...

When I first came here about three weeks ago I could wear a dress daytime. Great, I thought since I hadn't brought much more than short sleeves and thin jackets. Well, a few days later the weather changed drastically and I managed to come down with a cold. Next step was to go to Sweden for the weekend to pick up some more stuff, including winter clothes that would have me covered until mid/late November. Sure enough, a few days and the snow arrived. Due to my trip home I had most covered though, except for shoes... I'd lie if I said I have NO shoes, I just don't have THE shoes. Off course, most of the shoes I've accumulated are for CA weather and streets, and they are defenitely not kind to the feet walking on cobblestoned streets, with slash everywhere. As a matter of fact, I barely owned any socks as of this past week.

Well, all this will defenitely change. First step will be to find comfortable rubber boots for the slashy period ahead. I'm guessing a size too large might be a good option as rubber boots themselves are not exactly warm. As for socks, maybe it's about time I face my fear of knitting socks larger than baby size. Regardless of how, I will defenitely make sure my feet stay warm from now on! I know that won't be a problem where I'm going now...zzzz....

Dobranoc!

1 Comments:

Blogger Z a h r a said...

HAHA sweetie pie, yes you would definitely lie if you said you had NO shoes... ;)
I miss you!!!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home